Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sunny Saturday

My goal of posting every other day kind of fell by the wayside this week. Between my first week of the new semester, starting a part-time externship, and caring for Ollie there wasn't much time for anything, including sleeping. With Oliver's ups and downs this week neither Mike or I were getting a ton of sleep. No time for sleep meant very little time for creative cooking. Wednesday night I had no appetite so it was pancakes for breakfast. I have a great whole wheat pancake recipe that I found online awhile back but I couldn't find it and chose one from a blog that sounded good and had some decent reviews. The pancakes were awful! Not so awful that we had to toss them. They were edible drenched in honey for me and syrup for Mike.

After a tough week we were thankful it was finally Saturday. And its a gorgeous Saturday! 67 and sunny in January! Oliver was feeling more like himself this morning and showed interest in his toys for the first time in a week. He's not supposed to be walking around a lot but seeing him prance around with his toy made me the happiest I've been all week. We started off the morning with bowls of my favorite oatmeal and a cup of Dunkin Donuts Mocha Mint coffee.

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal - Serves 2

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups vanilla soymilk
1 cup Quakers quick oats
2 TBSP ground flax seed
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp Penzy's pumpkin pie spice










 Instructions
1. Bring soymilk to a slow boil. Add oats. Cook according to instructions. In the last minute of cooking the oats mix in ground flax seed.
2. Spoon into 2 bowls. Sprinkle pumpkin spice and brown sugar on top. Mix and enjoy!

After breakfast we headed out for a jog around McKinley park in East Sacramento. It was sunny and mid-60s. I couldn't ask for better weather for a Saturday morning jog. After a couple of laps around the park we headed back and stopped by Jamba Juice for a light lunch. Have to save room for chips and guac during the 49ers/Saints game. Go niners!

No comments:

Post a Comment