Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mmmmmmm Spaghetti

We're not Italian but my mom makes some gooood spaghetti and meatballs. It's so easy and there's hardly any measuring required. Just throw the meatball ingredient in a bowl and mix with your hands. My mom always left the mixing part up to us kids. We thought it was fun. Now it's not so much fun when I realize just how cold my hands get. (Less so if you use fresh onion instead of frozen.) This recipe is pretty close to my mom's with just a few changes.

Ingredients for Meatballs
1lb 93% lean ground beef
2 slices of bread crumbled
liberal ketchup (give it a couple of good squirts)
salt and pepper
couple shakes of tabasco sauce
couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce
handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
1 small yellow onion diced (or less)
1 egg


Instructions
1. Put meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well with clean hands.
2. Form into small balls. Place meatballs in large saute pan and brown on all sides.
3. Add pasta sauce to meatball pan. Cover and simmer on low.
4. Boil water in large pot for pasta.
5. When pasta is done (about 9 minutes) the meatball/sauce will be done as well.
6. Drain pasta. Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta. Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over pasta.




1 comment:

  1. Yum! My mom just gave me my grandpas pasta sauce recipe...these would go great with it! - laura

    ReplyDelete