Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A side of cornbread

Lunch plans fell through today last minute so I found myself scrounging the fridge for a quick fix. Leftovers it was. Progresso minestrone - possibly my favorite canned soup and a wedge of cornbread from our chili dinner with family on the weekend. I used Paula Deen's Mexican Cornbread recipe with a few tweaks:

Used 2 jalapenos
Used skim instead of whole milk
Used light sour cream instead of regular
Added 4 large pieces of Applewood Smoked bacon (cooked and crumbled)

Everyone enjoyed the cornbread but I have to say not my favorite recipe. Next time I would increase the sugar by a tablespoon. The reviewers were right on this one. The cornbread was neither salty nor sweet and I like my cornbread sweet a la Jiffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment